Friday, June 11, 2010

Becoming a Pharmacist

I am looking for opportunities to do B.Pharmacy in US. I am an Indian citizen and will be finishing my high school in 2012. What exams should I write to do my Undergrad in B. Pharm and how many years is the test score valid. Please advise.

Regardless of what you want to major in, you have to write the SAT's. Transfer students are sometimes an exception. If you're graduating in 2012, I'll suggest you write your tests in 2011 or beginning of 2012.

I'm happy that you're already thinking of college when you have 2 years left in high school. Start preparing yourself to get into a very good college. Be a very active student, and make awesome grades - that way you can get into a very good college, and if you do well in college; you can get into a good pharmacy school. Take Advance Placement classes if possible - it pays off.   

To become a pharmacist in the US, you could go to college and take pre-pharmacy classes for about 2 years. After that, you could transfer to a pharmacy school which would probably be 4 years. You would become a pharmacist in 6 years.

You could decide to go to college for 4 years, major in something like chemistry, biology etc., before moving on to Pharmacy School.

Hope I've helped!!

Hugs & Kisses