Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting an SSN

Can anyone give me advice regarding how to obtain a social security number so I can apply for some financial aid while I attend college in the US. I am a French citizen, have a family that will sponsor me in the US, provide me a part time job and residence but I still need a social security number.
Thank you.

You don't need to have an SSN to apply for scholarships.  An SSN is for US citizens/permanent residents. Leave any question that asks for an SSN blank!

In the U.S., when you have proof of employment, with a visa that isn't a dependent visa, you can get an SSN.

Read more:

Hugs & Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment