Thursday, June 3, 2010

I wrote a poem!!! :)

It's the first poem I've ever written in my life. I wrote it for a valentine's day competition (I came second btw haha). I hope you like it.




Loving You

Fearfully, wonderfully made?
Probably on the inside
Flawed, and imperfect
Walking in obscurity
Noticed for all the wrong reasons
Living in a world of perfection

I have to fit the stereotype?
I didn’t create me
My defects define me
Inspired by my haves not my have-nots
Me is beautiful

Deserving true love and happiness?
I choose not to be held back by fear
Perfect love casts out fear
Believing in the perfect one
Who accepts me
Fallible as I am

Being thankful each day
‘Cause I found you
Or working on me every day
I’ll wait for you

PS: Thanks to my friend Dustin for giving me some really good ideas.

2 comments: