Saturday, July 31, 2010

Becoming a Dentist

I live in the UK and I want to study Dentistry. I would really love to come to the USA and study Dentistry.
How would I be able to study in the USA? I am in my final year of A-Levels, would I need to do any other exams i.e. SATs or can you get into dental schools without this?

Yes, you need to write the SAT's. Your first language is English, so u don't need the TOEFL.

It is highly recommended that you get a 4 year degree before going to dental school. Some schools offer undergraduate pre-dental programmes.

Get into college, major in a field such as chemistry, biology, biochemistry, etc. You don't have to major in a science related field, but there are science requirements that you have to fulfill before getting into dental school.

Pass the Dental Admission Test (DAT). Dental schools will use your DAT scores, GPA, letters of recommendation to make admission decisions.

Get into a 4 year accredited Dental School. The last 2 years involve clinical practice.

Take the National Board Dental Examination, obtain a license.

Good luck!!

Hugs & Kisses

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you

    Dental Implants Manchester CT