Here are some tips for you:
Before the fair:
- Find out about the colleges at the fair. Visit their website, it's a always a good idea to know what a college is about before heading to a fair!!
- Prepare questions that you would like to ask college reps! You could ask about majors, campus jobs,
- Have an idea about the type of college you'd like to attend.
- Talk to your high school counselor about colleges you're considering and about the upcoming fair.
What to bring:
- A pen and notebook to take notes - you won't remember everything that's said.
- A bag/backpack to carry the numerous college brochures that you will get.
- Don't forget the question(s) you prepared earlier
- Not a bad idea to bring your high school resume along with you. It makes you look good **wink**
- Water - you will be walking around. You may get tired :)
What not to bring:
- Application forms or letters of recommendation
- Gifts for college reps
At the fair:
- Check out the floor plan - This will show you where all the colleges are located. Start with your top college(s) first.
- Stay focused: You'd probably see some people you know at the fair, say hi and move on. You're not there to hang out :D
- Pass out your resume
- Get business cards - You may want to contact them afterwards.
- If information sessions are offered, attend them!!
- After you've been to a college information booth, take a few minutes to jot down what you heard.
- BE POLITE
After the fair:
- Review all the information you got
- Learn more about the colleges that you really are interested in.
- Plan a visit
Hugs & Kisses
Hugs & Kisses