Monday, February 28, 2011

Transcript Evaluation .... WES specifically :(

WARNING: This is a rant.


Why does WES suck? I speak from personal experience. I also know many international students, most of them Africans who have had horrible experiences with WES.

Why are they so inefficient? It took them about 3 months to evaluate my transcript a few years ago. I used their 'Contact Us' and sent messages after messages to them, and all I'd get was the automated reply. After waiting for about  3 months, I started sending them emails almost everyday and finally told them that I wanted a refund, and wasn't interested in evaluating my transcript anymore as I had already missed the admission deadline. That was when I got a reply from them, and I got an evaluated transcript out of the blue in the mailbox.


A friend of mine is facing something similar.


A couple of days ago, a friend's sibling went for his visa interview. Only to be told that his university transcript was fake. He was shocked because his college sent the transcript directly to WES, and WES was responsible for the evaluation. I guess I don't trust WES and that's why I'm blaming them here lol.


Anyways, WES is one of the most popular if not the most popular evaluation agencies and many schools use them. If you have to use WES, all I can say is good luck to you, I hope it goes well!! :)


Hugs & Kisses,
B.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there!
    You are not the first person I hear saying bad things about WES. I found some different organizations that can do that, but the university I contacted suggested me WES. I will just look for one that I think is good, and then ask the university if I can use them, right? =)
    I like your blog!
    Tacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe you can do that. But unfortunately, most schools think WES is best. Good luck, let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete