Sunday, June 19, 2011

Awful high school results, still want to study in the USA

Your high school results aren't the best. It won't get you into Harvard, but it certainly could get you into the USA. Well, probably **fingers crossed**


How I see it, you have 2 options here:


Option 1:
Apply to a community college: Community colleges are generally easier to get into than regular 4 year universities. This is a route you could take. To find out more, go to my post Study in the USA Step 1. Follow the steps there to find community colleges, but in step (c), look at that image, where it says 'Four Year vs. Two Year', I clicked 'No preference' you click 'Two-year college' and complete the rest of the steps. 


Community colleges are usually 2 year colleges. You may choose to do a year or 2 there and then transfer to a regular college. 


CAUTION:
Some people have argued that applying to a 2 year university doesn't give a good impression to the Consular Officer during your visa interview. There is an ongoing debate about that, and I don't know if that is true or not. If you feel that Option 1 is risky, then you may want to take a look at Option 2.


Option 2
Go to a school with a really high acceptance rate. This basically means that this school will accept almost anyone. To find schools like these, on my post Study in the USA Step 1, go up to step (g), but don't click 'See Results', instead click 'Submit & Continue'.


In step (f), adjust the costs if you wish.


The next page says, 'Admissions', 'Percentage of Applicants Selected' , click 'More than 75% accepted'. 


Then click 'See Results'.


Those are the easiest schools to get into in the US.


Good luck, tell me how it goes!


Hugs & Kisses,
B. 

9 comments:

  1. Great post as always!!
    Congrats! :)

    Hugs,
    Tacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is the best site I’ve ever read. Thank you for sharing this.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is the best site I’ve ever read. Thank you for sharing this.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed to see such an amazing post. Keep up the good work.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed to see such an amazing post. Keep up the good work.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject.mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete