Wednesday, June 8, 2011

USA F-1 (student) visa renewal

My visa expires in December and  I plan on having it renewed while I'm here in Canada. I won't be out of status if I did not renew it immediately as my I-20 is still valid. However, the problem with that is I won't be able to travel in and out which is something I don't want to deal with. I'm in Canada whenever there's a break more than 2 weeks long. 


I recently read a post by a student who is supposed to complete her Masters degree in December this year but her visa was denied under Section 214(b) which basically states you have to have strong home ties and should be able to convince the Consular Officer that you plan on going home.


Needless to say, I was shocked that this was even possible. Praying this doesn't happen to me.


Anyone going for a visa interview anytime soon, read the posts below. Tips that helped me when I went for my first visa interview, and definitely would go through them again during the second.


F-1 visa rejected, what now?

2 comments: