Sunday, August 21, 2011

External scholarships.....FastWeb, etc. Are they worth it?

There are a ton of external scholarships out there. FastWeb is one of the most popular ones out there? Are they really worth it?
I don't think so? Most of them offer scholarships along the range of $250-$1000. To me, it makes no sense to put so much time and effort writing essays, etc to win $250. 


Besides, I have no idea how many people apply for those. But I'm guessing A LOT cos it's nation-wide. Think of all that competition. I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but why bother.


I'd rather you put all that time and effort in the admission process for a university.


Also, for people who will be applying for fin. aid (FAFSA). As far as I know, getting external scholarships regardless of how little $$ you get reduces your need. There's no point slaving over Too much competition. Reduces fin. aid cos it reduces your need.No sense in any kid slaving over any essay for $1,000 when your school will reduce your grant money by that amount.


These scholarships benefit the college not the student. In many cases, scholarships replace loans! You can always confirm with your school.


Some agencies such as the Rotary Club deposit scholarship directly into the student's account. That's better.


Just thought I'd talk about that today.


Hugs & Kisses,
B.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome blog format! How long have you ever
    been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The entire glance of your website is fantastic, as well as the
    content!

    Feel free to visit my website :: trade binary options

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for buying binary options

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say
    thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

    my blog :: cedar finance trading

    ReplyDelete